The church of Orazo was donated to Santiago in 1115 by Queen Urraca. Orazo was famous for the existence of a bell factory that was active during the 19th and early 20th centuries belonging to the Liste family.
Church with a basilica plan and a single apse with a quadrangular plan. San Pedro de Orazo is probably a 10th century church, not yet suffciently studied. It has parallels with San Pedro de Ansemil (Silleda) and with other churches dating from this same century both in Galicia and Asturias.